Your physical condition can affect everything in your life
Working on your body’s fitness will:
- Improve your mood, naturally combating depression, insomnia and anxiety
- Balance your hormones, particularly cortisol – toxic levels are produced in chronic stress
- Increase blood flow and oxygen uptake, resulting in better skin, nails and hair, as well as healthy heart and lungs
- Elevate your metabolism, so that you burn more calories even when doing nothing
To sum up – exercise is the best anti -ageing, preventative medicine you can give yourself.
Why Personal Training
Modern life means that the average man or woman has little time to fit anything extra into their lives with the pressure of work, raising a family, school runs etc. It seems like there is little enough down time, as it is.
Working with a trainer means that you get the best out of that precious time. Your training is scheduled and when your sessions are booked, it’s so much harder to make excuses and put it off until another day.
What is it that you want to achieve. Is it your pre-baby shape? Halt the middle age spread before it becomes a health issue or perhaps it has and your doctor has told you to do something about it. Whatever the outcome you want, you need a strategy developed for you personally by an experienced professional.
Every session is planned with your personal goals in mind to get the maximum benefit and most efficient use of your time. You will be directed around the gym, not having to think for yourself about where to go next, how to set the machines, how many to do, how fast to go or whether your technique is right. In addition, there is time to discuss eating and lifestyle habits for you to keep the momentum going between sessions.
Why Personal Training with me
I walk the walk, as well as talk the talk.
I have been experiencing the benefits of exercise in my own life for over 25 years, despite many setbacks along the way, rehabilitating myself after surgeries and injuries.
I became qualified and started working as a Personal Trainer in 1998. Some of my clients have been with me for over 10 years, but most learn how to do it for themselves and don’t need me any more.
Safe and Secure
Full professional liability insurance cover.
I am also a qualified counsellor, life coach and autogenic therapist. I will not be looking at you as just ‘a body’.
- We will identify any negative self-beliefs that may hold you back from achieving your goals and work together on strategies to change them.
- We will look at your stress levels – are they healthy or are you running on cortisol, the chronic stress hormone, which causes abdominal fat stores and risks of cardiac disease, high blood pressure etc. – if so, we will look at other techniques to help reduce your unhealthy stress, in addition to exercise.
Although I use an holistic approach, we will be contracting to work on your physical condition predominantly, with exercise. If you would like the focus of our work to be on your emotional well-being, while exercising, please look at our Walk and Talk Therapy page.